UMC's nine decades in business have created a strong legacy of constant innovation and client satisfaction:
- 1920: University Plumbing & Heating opened its doors as a small plumbing shop near University of Washington in Seattle
- 1940s: Awarded mechanical contract for Northgate Mall, nation's first mall-type shopping center
- 1960: Installed first application of carbon steel pipe to carry hot irradiated water, primary coolant system at Hanford Nuclear Reactor
- 1961: Awarded mechanical contract for Seattle Space Needle
- 1965: Name officially changed to University Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
- 1989: Began relationship with Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, ongoing through all five phases of construction
- 1998: Led formation of Mechanical Contractors Association of Western Washington (MCAWW) Project Manager Certification Training
- 2001: Expansion and move of corporate office to Mukilteo
- 2010: UMC celebrates 90 years!
> About UMC