Job Description: Develop and manage controls installation projects through effective communication, client relations, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control and forecasting costs and profitability.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Select and install control products, components, applications, and systems
- Review specification and contract documents prior to RFP’s
- Assist/coordinate RFI’s with the Project Manager
- Prepare/review submittals
- Perform QA/QC job walks and assessments
- Evaluate change orders
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to develop, enter and verify field and global digital control components to ensure operation meets the sequence of operations required by the project
- Document programming and device setup
- Setup, program, and configure GUI/host workstations or other user interface such as web-enabled, client-server, or thin client systems
- Collaborate with other Engineers and Field Engineers to define software needs and develop testing and commissioning plans
- Provide point-to-point oversight
- Provide start-up and commissioning support
- Manage electrical subcontractors, including selection, writing subcontract, oversight/ coordination, review of changes, review of billings, and oversight of panel fabrication
- Provide engineering support including specification review and creation of points list, contract controls diagrams, and sequence of operations
- Prepare shop and installation drawings
- Prepare bill of materials
- Develop software
- Provide technical coordination on project
- Collaborate with the COM, Project Manager, Engineers, and support staff
- Coordinate with Project Manager on special requirements addressed during the submittal process including TCP sizes, layouts/locations, special mounting requirements, home runs, and other installation needs.
- Provide technical assessment/ review of project plans/ scope
- Interpret project technical requirements and system applicability, software and user interface
- Adhere to technical standards, procedures, and policies of the company and provide recommendations for revisions as standards evolve and system needs change
- Provide input on standardization of product selections, new applications, drawing and documentation standards to assure quality, productivity and performance
- Respond to technical information requests
- Develop project documentation, manuals, test and commissioning plans, and customer training materials
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
- Good working knowledge of the systems commonly monitored and controlled by a building DDC/EMS.
- Must have ability to incorporate a sequence of operation into a device and workstation application. Systems may include Tridium/Niagara Ax, Distech Lonworks Controllers, KMC BACNet Controllers, Viconics Thermostats and others.
Education and/or Experience:
- Maintain current, up-to-date knowledge of HVAC and mechanical systems technology, control DDC instrumentation technology, and industry standards.
UMC is a drug-free workplace. All positions must submit a urinalysis sample as required in the program and pass the screen. University Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace and an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Contractor License #UNIVMC*343N9.
> Current Openings